October 11, 2024

October 11 posted October 12

 

Today was a total scramble. I spent time with the Lord, then rushed to fill my SUV and take a load of boxes to our new house and unload it. From there, home again to be there for a friend who came to help with the heavy stuff. I grabbed a bite to eat, directed traffic from house to vehicles, then back to the new house to do the same. And unload. Then home again to reload more and back to the new house to unload it.

After that, hubby wanted to return some unused purchases but realized the receipts were at our first home. When we got there and headed to the store, he remembered the items for return were not in my vehicle, but at our new place in his vehicle. So we picked them up, after grabbing a hasty lunch. One item to one store, the other two to another store. Then we had to go back to the new house for a reason I cannot remember, return to our house to have a nap, which didn't happen, then loaded up two coolers to empty the freezer part of our fridge and take it to the freezer in the new house, left there by the former owner.

Home again. Somewhere in all that, I thought I posted my devotions for Friday , but this morning (Saturday) realized it didn't happen. The taxi was soon arriving to take us to the airport. I remembered to shut off both computers and grab my laptop and computer glasses. However, I also checked and realized I'd not posted devotions for the 11th. So I transferred them to a flash drive to do it at the airport... rushed up to grab suitcase and carry-on, jumped in the taxi, and halfway to the airport realized I forgot the flash drive.

Despite all that, I did think about what God showed me in the morning and it helped -- realizing that emotions, both negative and positive, are rooted in what I am thinking. If I'm relying on my own strength, it shows up in my thoughts and emotions.

PRAY: Lord, these days are easy to produce scrambled thoughts. We are vacationing in the middle of a move. Sheer craziness, but tired bodies and minds may well need a rest! Thanks for You and that I can write about yesterday with amusement instead of feeling messed up. More later...

No comments: