January 15, 2024

Our Main Caregiver…

Most of us played ‘doctor’ when we were young. In those days, a doctor had a higher reputation. Same with fathers. When we played ‘house’ we were happy if any boy in the group was willing to be the father. Nowadays, the role of father like the role of a doctor has lost more of its sparkle.

That does not negate the importance of a father’s role. This is illustrated in the NT where the term is used for God more than two hundred times, sometimes with great affection. These three use the term “Abba” which similar to our word “Daddy.”

And he said, “Abba, Father, all things are possible for you. Remove this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will.” (Mark 14:36)
For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” (Romans 8:15)
And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!” (Galatians 4:6)
Yesterday and today I missed my daddy. Mom worried and stewed taking care of me, but he was able to ‘care with confidence’. However, my hubby took that role. A few times I looked at him and thought of how my dad ministered to me.
All this is to say that our Great Physician needs no stethoscope or pills. He is still able to just say a word bring healing, yet if for reasons I do not understand, I’m to suffer a bit more, He is still caring for me as my loving Father.

No comments: