December 19, 2018

Praise Day . . .


While I’ve said it all along, it takes a lifetime to learn how true it is — the thing that ruins my life is anything that flows out of an “I want what I want when I want it” attitude. Humble obedience is the epitome of Christian living. Thinking I can do otherwise is a snare, one that blinds me to the reality of being trapped by it. In other words, sin is an awful and devious enemy, destructive to the very best that God plans for me.

“For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age, waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works.” (Titus 2:11–14)

These verses give the purpose of my life in a nutshell. I’m to say NO to sin and YES to the Holy Spirit, waiting for Jesus Christ who redeemed me and is purifying me to live for Him, not for myself. Vital to this process is obeying what I know . . .

“This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.” (1 John 1:5–7)

Hear His message. Pass it on. Match my walk and talk. No lying. Enjoy fellowship with other believers. Let Jesus save and cleanse me from my sin.
And even as I write this, I know that God does it. I cannot hear Him unless He speaks. I cannot pass it on unless He gives me words, grace and opportunity. I cannot match walk and talk without the enabling of the Holy Spirit. Truth is from Him. So is fellowship. All glory goes to God!

“Good and upright is the Lord; therefore he instructs sinners in the way. He leads the humble in what is right, and teaches the humble his way. All the paths of the Lord are steadfast love and faithfulness, for those who keep his covenant and his testimonies.” (Psalm 25:8–10)

^^^^^^^^^^
I love You Lord, and I lift my voice to worship You. My soul rejoices in Your love and faithfulness. May I be on Your “what makes me happy” list today by relying on You totally and giving You all the glory that You deserve. Praise Your holy name!


No comments: