September 12, 2026

It’s Simple…

“. . . . I journeyed to Damascus with the authority and commission of the chief priests. At midday, O king, I saw on the way a light from heaven, brighter than the sun, that shone around me and those who journeyed with me. And when we had all fallen to the ground, I heard a voice saying to me in the Hebrew language, ‘Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.’ And I said, ‘Who are you, Lord?’ And the Lord said, ‘I am Jesus whom you are persecuting. But rise and stand upon your feet, for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to appoint you as a servant and witness to the things in which you have seen me and to those in which I will appear to you, delivering you from your people and from the Gentiles—to whom I am sending you to open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.’ 
Therefore, O King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision, but declared first to those in Damascus, then in Jerusalem and throughout all the region of Judea, and also to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, performing deeds in keeping with their repentance.” (Acts 26:12–20)
Paul told, in less than 200 words, what happened to him when Christ came into his life. Then he told what happened after that in less than 50 words. Can I do that?

I was sitting in my living room reading a book on reincarnation trying to find out what happened when a person died. Suddenly the room seemed brighter and another person was there. Without being told, I knew it was Jesus, alive and giving me eternal life, forgiveness of sin, and a new nature. I also realized my search was over and the Bible I’d been reading for nearly 20 years started to make sense. He told me all that happened would be for my good and would transform me to be like Him. At heart an information gatherer, I began Bible study in earnest, found a godly mentor, and started telling others about Jesus. I often interpreted ‘knowing the truth’ as ‘obedience’ and spiritual growth didn’t come easy but He persevered until I began to not only see my weaknesses but rejoice in them as failures and inabilities drew me out of pride and always wanting to be right into seeing my need for Him and a desire to glorify Him in everything I do.

That is less than 175 words. However, for me this is easier to put in a blog than say out loud to a person who is not yet a believer.
Lord Jesus, give me confidence to tell others and many opportunities to open my mouth. I’ve not considered myself a soul-winner, but You are. So if I am to be like You, this is part of it. Too often I feel more like a coward than someone who has been given many heavenly visions. Yet telling my story is a lot simpler than I thought. Thank You for reminding me.


 

No comments: