Some of the people of Jerusalem therefore said, “Is not this the man whom they seek to kill? And here he is, speaking openly, and they say nothing to him! Can it be that the authorities really know that this is the Christ? But we know where this man comes from, and when the Christ appears, no one will know where he comes from.” So Jesus proclaimed, as he taught in the temple, “You know me, and you know where I come from. But I have not come of my own accord. He who sent me is true, and him you do not know. I know him, for I come from him, and he sent me.” So they were seeking to arrest him, but no one laid a hand on him, because his hour had not yet come. Yet many of the people believed in him. They said, “When the Christ appears, will he do more signs than this man has done?” (John 7:25–31)In the past few days I’ve heard some unusual statements about the identity of Jesus. In a European country, a Christian told a resident about Him and heard this: “Who is Jesus? Is he a friend of yours?” This person had no knowledge of Him at all.
Another person on a social media site said Jesus is the true God that everyone should worship Him and not Jehovah. He had no idea of the deity of Christ and that He is Jehovah who came in human flesh to save us from our sin.
Many think that this name is just a swear word. They also do not realize the truth of His claim:
“I am the one who bears witness about myself, and the Father who sent me bears witness about me.” They said to him therefore, “Where is your Father?” Jesus answered, “You know neither me nor my Father. If you knew me, you would know my Father also.” (John 8:18–19). . . . But you have not known him. I know him. If I were to say that I do not know him, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and I keep his word. Your father Abraham rejoiced that he would see my day. He saw it and was glad.” So the Jews said to him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?” Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.” (John 8:55–58). . . . I and the Father are one.” (John 10:30)He told them if they did not believe His words, then believe His deeds, but that didn’t convince them either. This is one reason that I believe the identity of Jesus must be revealed by God to the human heart and mind. Otherwise, we don’t get it, at least not in a way that changes our destiny. This is why God says:
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. (Ephesians 2:8–9)
All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows who the Son is except the Father, or who the Father is except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.” (Luke 10:22)
These things God has revealed to us through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God. (1 Corinthians 2:10)The Holy Spirit searches me too. Many times I’ve not realized reasons for my problems, or the puzzles of life, but in seeking Christ, the answers are revealed, mostly in the Bible, sometimes through others, even the odd time in dreams. Key is to keep looking and being open to what God says.
Jesus, You know everything. You are God in human flesh, God who can answer all my problems and meet all my needs. You know what it is like to be human, but without sin. I marvel that Your goal is to transform me to be like You. This can mean being misunderstood, even rejected, yet what a glorious hope. You revealed who You are to me, and that means no turning back or forgetting who You are. Praise Your holy Name! Amen!
No comments:
Post a Comment