October 7, 2018

Weapons against the biggest lie of all


Yesterday I wrote that God's word tells me Satan is constantly after me trying to make me believe something that isn't true. Jesus said the devil is a liar and the father of lies. His first lie is his most used lie; he tells God's people (and all people) that God doesn't love them. If he said it plainly we might not believe him but he is sneaky. He works on our desire to be accepted and loved — those basic human desires.

God is teaching me the answer for the enemy’s strategy. Most of it is clearly stated in these verses:

“And I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, ‘Now the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ have come, for the accuser of our brothers has been thrown down, who accuses them day and night before our God. And they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death. Therefore, rejoice, O heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to you, O earth and sea, for the devil has come down to you in great wrath, because he knows that his time is short!’” (Revelation 12:10–12)

Yes, the accuser has been thrown down, the one who constantly tells me God doesn't love me and I'm not worthy and all sorts of other thoughts and ideas that make me feel unaccepted. But he is a loser. He's been conquered by the blood of Jesus Christ and not only that, he is defeated by my declaration of faith in Jesus Christ and by my willingness to die for that faith.

However, if I keep quiet about what Jesus Christ is done for me then I am more vulnerable to Satan's lies. If I love my life more than I love Christ then I'm more apt to fall for Satan's lies.

These days this is more practical than ever. I'm in a situation where constant pain temps me to complain, to feel sorry for myself. When I do that, I'm not giving testimony to Jesus Christ and what He has done. This makes me more vulnerable to the lie that I'm not loved and valued by God.

I'm also had an age where death enters my thoughts more than before. As my husband often says, we are all terminal, however if I'm not going to accept that truth and fight it, then I am more vulnerable to Satan's lies because I'm loving my life more than I'm loving the idea of seeing Jesus face to face.

Someone once said to me that it must be easier to be a Christian as you get older. I almost laughed in his face. The problems of aging and of declining health makes Christians more vulnerable to the enemy’s lies. Our battle is more difficult than ever or perhaps we are more aware of it than ever.

Praise God that there is an answer. Even seniors need to be vocal about their faith. Any fear of death needs to be faced in conquered. My faith in God who loves me needs continual examination and strengthening so I can conquer the enemy with blood of Christ — plus using the weapons God gave me to secure my victory.

^^^^^^^^
Jesus, these are encouraging words. Standing strong against the accuser who wants to destroy me involves two clear strategies for defeating him. One is a mouth willing to declare what You have done and the other is a heart that gladly looks forward to seeing You. Satan has no power against someone whose life is saved by the shedding of Your blood declared by a bold and spirit-filled testimony and is not afraid to die.

No comments: