July 27, 2021

Set Apart

 

I wrote a long piece for today and it vanished off my computer. Was that the same as the dog eating my homework? Not at all. I got a good message from the Lord and did the work to record it. I know computers well but this has never happened before. I’ve searched with every method I know. Also, my version of Word saves files if I happen to close them without saving them. Not there either.

The message is how God sets us apart for His own and expects us to act like it. The OT people of God didn’t do very well, but once Jesus came and redeemed people for Himself, and once the Holy Spirit was given to help us be the unique people of God, it is possible to live out the faith that is given by grace. James is right; faith without works is dead, but the works do not save anyone. They are the way that I am supposed to show the world that God saved me and set me apart for Himself! For that wonder, I GAZE INTO HIS GLORY with joy in my heart! (and if that file shows up, I will post it later. 😀)

No comments: