August 17, 2013

Nothing is impossible for Christ


For those who know their shortfall and are willing to admit their needs, God has answers. The Word of the Lord is not only for those who believe it, but for those outside the house of faith, those who have never learned about Jesus Christ.

In the economy of God, His first priority is love for His Son, and then through Him, love for all mankind. Most know John 3:16… “For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son….” And to this Son He also gave…

The Father loves the Son and has given all things into his hand. (John 3:35)

For Christ to satisfy human desires, even the desires and objections of those outside His kingdom, He must have everything. Many do not realize that all that is desirable is in Him, including wisdom. As the Bible says, in Him “are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge” (Colossians 2:3).

Wisdom is needed to know my condition, just as it is needed for those who don’t know Christ. Otherwise, they do not realize they are wandering far from God, or even think about it. To these, Jesus says, “I am the way…. I am the light of the world.” For guilt, He is the Lord our righteousness, the fountain opened for sin and for uncleanness. If dejected, He promises to send the Comforter, the Holy Spirit. For those who need direction, He is the wonderful Counselor, and says…

I will lead the blind in a way that they do not know, in paths that they have not known I will guide them. I will turn the darkness before them into light, the rough places into level ground. These are the things I do, and I do not forsake them. (Isaiah 42:16)

Christ is the answer to all objections. If anyone says, “I am lost,” He says, “I came to seek and to save what was lost.” If anyone objects because their sin is too great, Christ says, “I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.” (Matthew 9:13) They may cry that they cannot stop sinning, but it is the work of Christ “to open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me” (Acts 26:18).

Not only that, “He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength” (Isaiah 40:29) and promises, “I will heal their apostasy; I will love them freely, for my anger has turned from them” (Hosea 14:4).

Nothing is too hard for God. He gave Christ all things that He might answer the tough issues, remedy the impossible situations, and fully satisfy the greatest desires.

No comments: