July 18, 2013

Wisdom’s source


For most of my life, I wanted to know everything I could know. For some of it, I thought that I did. But God (two lovely words) showed me where true wisdom lies. It is not in learning information but in the Person of Jesus Christ. When I met Jesus, He gave me access to all the knowledge and wisdom that I would ever need.
For Jews demand signs and Greeks seek wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and folly to Gentiles, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. For the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men. (1 Corinthians 1:22–25)

This is not to put down the pursuit of knowledge such as insight into the processes of the human body or the way of animals and plants. Science explores the mysteries of earth and sea and air, but I must remember that the Creator who spoke all of it into existence already knows everything there is to know.

As humanity explores every ray of light, every drop of dew, every pebble of the brook, every fragment of rock, every blade of grass and discovers the order revealed in every natural process — the motion of earth and sun and stars, the flow of tides, the rush of wind, the layers of the rainbow, the change of seasons, spring growth, blossoms, and fruit-bearing, many have yet to discover that these are the works of God, the daily miracles of God. In all of them wisdom is seen, wisdom as profound as it is perfect.

We examine relationships between drops and the ocean, a beam and the sun, a moment and a million ages, but has anyone seen the greater connection to each fragment of creation with the greater One who lovingly created it? Wisdom surely goes beyond what has been made to the One who made it. All wisdom is truly in Him. 


No comments: