April 30, 2007

Bloggers who think!

Yesterday I was notified that I won an award as a "thinking blogger." The details are here. I'm honored, and thank you, Vi.

I'm also invited to pass this award on to five more bloggers, if I wish. However, I'm struggling with how to pick five or even one. I appreciate those listed to the left, and yet time keeps me from reading even these very often. I feel I'm not involved enough to make any decisions. Instead, I will tell you what I like about five of these blogs and invite you to go visit them. Here are my selections, in no particular order:

Terry Enns at Words of Grace who seems to come up with challenging thoughts that never occur to me and that stretch my mind in new directions.

Susan at Accidental Poet who probably would say her thoughts are seldom focused, but this gal has a take on life that makes me laugh, cry, enjoy, instead of analyze, analyze, analyze. Sue, I love the way you think, even when you think you are not!

John Piper, whose blog notes are often related to issues, but the undercurrent in each is a theology of the nature of God that never fails to blow my puny thoughts into shreds.

John MacArthur, a former pastor in an amazing church (large but seems small), and whose teaching stretches my mind and makes me want to study the Word of God far more than I would otherwise. He is sometimes criticized, but never gets feisty and is a humble man. He does not write a daily blog, but is on the radio every day, can be heard via podcast, or you can download his thoughts from this website.

Marcia Laycock, who observes life through the eyes of a storyteller and relates it with a storyteller's voice. She is always interesting and always thinking!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Elsie....you deserve it. And what great choices you made! Hope you are doing well!

Violet N. said...

Even your choices are thoughtful. Way to go!!

Anonymous said...

thank you, Elsie.