July 17, 2012

God’s humor

If I ever doubted that God has a sense of humor, He removed that doubt this morning. 

My granddaughter plans to meet me at our former house to help with cleaning. In rushing about with regular morning chores plus a few that were not planned, I have been scrambling and feeling impatient. The phone rang, twice. Then I turned on the computer and loaded my Bible program only to find a message “updates are being downloaded.” 

I grabbed a hasty breakfast while that was happening. Before I opened today’s reading, I looked at the clock and threw my hands in the air. “Oh God, You always speak to me each day. Today, I’m looking for ‘quick’ and easy to understand. He heard and He says to me today…
Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces patience. And let patience have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. (James 1:2–4)
Quick, fast, and I get it. God’s humor is kind and most gracious. May I be joyful even that I can experience life’s pressures —they are the way God changes me into the image of His Son. 


Lord, I cannot see You, but I can almost hear You chuckling. May my day be a reflection of Your joy, and bless this time with my granddaughter too. Thank You.

No comments: