June 3, 2012

Wanted

It was many years ago, yet I still remember the angst of my teen years when I felt unwanted. In the years between, my worst experiences also involved being abandoned by friends or no longer wanted by the people that mattered. However, because I know Jesus, this is no longer an issue.
 
The book, Song of Solomon, is a love story. While it talks of a man and a woman, many passages seem to allude to the love of God for His people. Verses like this one are affirmed in other places so that God’s people can confidently say,
I am my beloved’s, and his desire is for me. (Song of Solomon 7:10)
In the New Testament, Jesus says, “The Father himself loves you, because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God” (John 16:27).

Knowing that God loves me gives that security that no other lover can give. His love is deep, rich, permanent, and best of all, does not depend on anything that I do. He loves me because He is love and He proved it by sending Jesus.
In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. (1 John 4:9)
God said it and proved it. Now I will go worship Him because of it!


Lord, without Your love, what would I do? The joy of knowing that no matter what happens, Your love is always pour out to me, gives me joy and makes my life secure and complete. May I love You this way, and also love others as You have loved me!




No comments: