June 9, 2012

Sustained

It is just after 5:00 a.m. and we are sitting in the airport at Greenville, South Carolina. Our holiday was the most relaxing, stress-free week we have had for many years. Our daughter and her new husband treated us with grace and generosity. The weather was perfect, food good, bed comfortable, lots of laughter. 
 
Now we are heading home to a long to-do list that includes another wedding, but also a move from our large home to a smaller one. Just thinking about the tasks ahead could give me a headache, yet the Lord knows. This is the verse that He arranged to be in my devotional reading for today:
Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved. (Psalm 55:22)
I know that the Lord will not pack and carry the moving boxes, nor will He let me back out of my responsibilities, but He will take the burden of them, the anxiety and worry part of them, and give me His peace and joy. He will also give me His gracious attitude so that all that must be done can be accomplished with a smile and a light heart.


Jesus, it is for this wonderful and thoughtful care that I love You with all my heart. Grant a safe flight, I pray, and keep reminding me that I am never alone. I do not have to carry the weight of my world – You will do it for me.

No comments: