December 26, 2008

In a Bubble

Yesterday was filled with delights. Only two of our three children were able to be with us, and one granddaughter for only part of the day, but for some reason, it was an extremely enjoyable Christmas.

At one point during the day I expressed that this Christmas I was deeply impressed and moved that God became a man. A bit later, I was alone for a minute or two and said, “Lord, I am so delighted with You.”

In my heart I heard Him reply, “And I am delighted with you.”

We were busy after that, eating, playing games, exchanging gifts, so I didn’t think about that quiet moment, but this morning He says it again. My devotional reading is Zephaniah 3:27, a word to Israel about their Messiah, and a word to me about His attitude toward His people.
The Lord your God in your midst, the Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.
When God is happy, He allows His people to feel His joy. And God is with me, is glad about me, gives His love to quiet my heart, even rejoices over me in song! What else is there to say? This is a wonder; He is a wonder.

Yet He gave one more blessing yesterday. Our oldest grandson called to tell us that we have been made great grandparents once again; they had a daughter, born on Christmas day.

I feel as if God has put me in a bubble of His protection, a bubble that floats above the daily chores and anxieties, a place of delight that is not affected by bad news and sorrow. I know that this will not last. Something will burst my bubble, but right now I am thankful and enjoying the One who amazingly says He sings and rejoices over me.

No comments: