August 6, 2007

Picking up my weapons

LATER: I found my five smooth stones.

1. God is sovereign. Nothing happens outside of His control. He rules which prayers get answered right away, and if I don’t like it, I am fighting God.

2. God is omnipotent. He can do whatever pleases Him. He can answer my prayers in a moment. Nothing is too hard for God.

3. God is wise. He knows what He is doing. He knows the best time, the best way, and even if He does not do what I ask, that response has wisdom behind it that I know nothing about.

4. God is love. He gave His Son so that we might have eternal life. The Bible says how then shall He not freely give us all things? If He withholds anything, it is certainly not because He hates me.

5. God is just. He has every right to send everyone to eternal damnation, but because of Jesus who took our punishment, He is also merciful and will save who He saves.

In my impotent foolishness, I have no idea what God is doing or why. All I know is when the enemy comes at me with mocking accusations, I have to use the weapons the Lord gives me and I was reminded today that, if nothing else, mine don’t work.

No comments: