August 23, 2006

Machines are out to rule the world?

During the night a wild electrical storm killed our modem, even though it was plugged into a surge protector. I first tried to make it work, then talked to my USP provider and got the proper diagnosis. Several hours and two stores later, I found something compatible, came home and hooked it up. After fighting a tangle of cords and laying on my back under my husband's desk (we have a router, network thing here), I came out growly like a bear out of hibernation.

Now it works, but I'm mad at myself for letting a machine dictate my attitude. Worse yet, Bob stopped in on his way to a golf game long enough to be a target, so I'm mad at myself for yelling at him. Poor guy. It wasn't his fault that I was acting like a jerk over a piece of wire and plastic about the size of two decks of cards. Funny what God uses to show me where I still need to grow, or is that grow up?

No comments: