May 24, 2006

My heart cries. . .

God continues to amaze me. Yesterday I was sorting photos and found several pictures of the young family member who is having such spiritual and mental problems. At one point I picked up the image of her smiling face and wept, “Where has she gone? I just want her back. Bring her back to us.”

About two hours later, she called. We talked for an hour. She was as normal as I’ve heard her for a long, long time. No complaining, ranting, or hateful talk. She was positive about everything and everyone (except some microwave popcorn that burned instead of popping). She was her normal cheerful self, talked about many things and even made fun of herself.

While this does not mean she is ‘cured’ of her illness, I'm greatly encouraged to keep on praying for her. God hears the cry of our hearts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elsie, that is GREAT news. Continuing to pray for you in this situation...

Elsie Montgomery said...

Thank you. The official diagnosis still wavers between "clinical" and "behavioral" - does she have a physical/mental condition, or is it bad choices? I say, as long as someone cannot admit they need help, neither counselling or medicine will fix them. This gal need a significant touch from the Holy Spirit!