January 30, 2006

A Twist on Time Management

Zion spreads out her hands, but no one comforts her; the LORD has commanded concerning Jacob that those around him become his adversaries; Jerusalem has become an unclean thing among them. (Lamentations 1:17)
The city of Zion speaks of God's people and their relationship to Him. They were once great, but affliction strikes and when they reach out for help, nothing and no one comes to their aid. When the Lord declares their sinfulness, everyone around them becomes their enemy. They are now the unclean ones.
When I sin, God has the same power to turn everything against me. Life’s daily routine become a complex and difficult challenge. Things like my computer, the dishwasher, whatever I am using does not function as it once did. People are not helpful; either not calling or are negative and disinterested in my problems. Routines are upset. What was once easy becomes difficult. Nothing goes right.
The amazing thing is that just the opposite can happen when I am relying on the Lord. Ordinary chores are delightful and go quickly. Routine is a joy that I breeze through. People are encouraging, calling just when I need to hear them. Even difficult tasks are unexpectedly easy. Everything goes right.
While not every bad day happens because I messed up, it's a good idea to check that possibility. Knowing that God can 'smooth the path before me' is excellent motivation to keep short accounts with Him!

No comments: